Really, I will get a recipe in here soon. I really will. But right now, I'm woefully unmotivated and just feel the need to blather about something inconsequential.
Enter The Vegan 100. I got it from Vegan Deliciousness, who got it from Bitter Sweet, who channeled it through a spirit who would only be identified as "Disco Joe".
Ok, maybe I made that last part up.
Anyway, I'm a little late in the game with this ("The Vegan 100 is so, like, last week") but this just further solidifies my position as "uncool dad" and perhaps even "rogue nerd".
So here we go:
1) Copy this list into your own blog, including these instructions.
2) Bold all the items you’ve eaten.
3) Cross out any items that you would never consider eating.
4) Post a comment here once you’ve finished and link your post back to this one.
5) Pass it on!
2. Green Smoothie
3. Tofu Scramble
4. Haggis - I almost crossed this out, but you never know... I could get stuck in a fallout shelter with a Scotsman someday.
6. Creme brulee
8. Marmite/Vegemite - Hell, damnation, morning breath, and teal carpet, that stuff's bad!
10. Baba ghanoush - yum. and I finally got the hand of making my own. Wanna see? Mebbe I'll post it.
12. Authentic soba noodles
13. PB&J sandwich
14. Aloo gobi
15. Taco from a street cart
16. Boba Tea
17. Black truffle
18. Fruit wine made from something other than grapes - yes, I even made some! (It was quite dreadful.)
20. Vanilla ice cream
21. Heirloom tomatoes
22. Fresh wild berries
24. Rice and beans
26. Raw scotch bonnet pepper - thankfully, access to these was limited back when I was stupid enough to try that.
27. Dulce de leche
31. Wasabi peas
32. Chowder in a sourdough bowl
33. Mango lassi
35. Root beer float
36. Mulled cider My late friend Elrick Morningstar used to make it... Valhalla rest his soul.
37. Scones with buttery spread and jam
38. Vodka jelly
40. Fast food french fries - a personal weakness of mine.
41. Raw Brownies
42. Fresh Garbanzo Beans
44. Homemade Soymilk
45. Wine from a bottle worth £60/$120 or more - yeah, and I have to say I've had $10 plonk that was just as good. Guess I'll never make a good wine snob.
48. Vegetable Sushi - Yes! And it even comes with free weird looks!
49. Glazed doughnut
51. Prickly pear
55. Cotton candy
57. Piña colada - only once. As far as I'm concerned, alcohol and coconut should never mingle.
58. Birch beer
60. Carob chips
62. Soy curls
63. Chickpea cutlets
66. Homemade Sausages
67. Churros, elephant ears, or funnel cake
68. Smoked tofu
69. Fried plantain
72. Warm chocolate chip cookies
73. Absinthe - Another relic of my misspent youth
74. Corn on the cob
75. Whipped cream, straight from the can
77. Fauxstess Cupcake
78. Mashed potatoes with gravy
81. French onion soup
82. Savory crepes - Boy howdy! Er, I meant, mon deiu, these are good!
84. A meal at Candle 79
86. Sprouted grains or seeds
87. Macaroni and “cheese”
88. Flowers - um, eaten? No! Wait... I mean yes!
89. Matzoh ball soup
90. White chocolate
93. Butterscotch chips
94. Yellow watermelon
95. Chili with chocolate
96. Bagel and Tofutti
97. Potato milk
99. Jamaican Blue Mountain coffee
100. Raw cookie dough
So there you go. More than half... who says vegans can't be adventurous?!