Saturday, December 2, 2006

Recipe: Mini Samosa Wraps

While we're on Indian inspired dishes, I thought I'd post a recipe for these wonderful little appetizers. I often use them as a side dish with curries, tikka masala, or tandoori.

Traditional Indian samosas are deep-fried pastries, commonly filled with diced vegetables and spices. To make my version low-fat, I have skipped the deep fried pastries and opted instead for flour tortillas.

1 package taco-sized flour tortillas

3 medium potatoes, boiled
1 medium onion, chopped
1 clove garlic, minced
1 1/2 cups peas, canned

1 tsbsp olive oil
1 tsp finely chopped ginger
1 1/2 tbsp hot curry powder
2 tbsp lemon juice
1/2 tsp cumin
1/2 tsp crushed red pepper



Stir fry onions, garlic, and ginger in olive oil for 1 minute. Heat peas in a small saucepan, drain.

Mash the boiled potatoes with a fork in a large bowl.

Mix all ingredients (except the tortillas, of course) in a large bowl.

Warm tortillas in microwave or oven, spoon filling into each tortilla, wrap burrito style.

Serve with mango chutney for dipping. I usually buy this in jars at the local supermarket (the brand is Patak's), but one day I will tackle making my own. When I do, I'll post the recipe.

Enjoy!

No comments:

This blog optimized using Wordtracker.